Author: ARAB NEWSThu, 2017-12-21 18:43ID: 1513860303283546300

RIYADH: This week’s intercepted missile attack on Riyadh was “a serious escalation” by Iranian-armed Houthi militias, the spokesman for the Saudi-led Arab Coalition said Wednesday.
The attack “proves beyond any doubt the continued smuggling of weapons through relief outlets and exploitation of these outlets,” said Col. Turki bin Saleh Al-Maliki, the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported. “All these violations are contrary to international humanitarian law.”
The coalition welcomed last week’s announcement of evidence that missiles fired at the Kingdom were Iranian-manufactured and smuggled to the Houthis, he added.
The international community has become increasingly aware of the seriousness of this “blatant interference from the Iranian regime and its control of many terrorist groups in different parts of the world,” Al-Maliki said.
“We welcome the condemnation of many fraternal and friendly countries,” including the US, UK and Germany, he added.
More than 85 percent of Yemen is under the control of the coalition-backed internationally recognized government, he said.
In the last three months, 11,326 Houthi fighters were killed and 6,730 weapons and equipment were destroyed, he added.

Main category: Saudi ArabiaTags: HouthisIranArab CoalitionAntiquities Forum of Saudi ArabiaYemenrelated_nodes: Arab coalition fighters strike Houthi-held positions in SanaaHouthis target Arab coalition warship

The post Arab Coalition: Attack on Riyadh ‘serious escalation’ by Houthis appeared first on News Wire Now.

Leave a Reply

  • (not be published)