Mon, 2018-04-09 00:33
JEDDAH: Saudi Arabias Foreign Ministry has strongly condemned the ramming of a delivery vehicle into a crowd in Münster, Germany, on Saturday, SPA reported. Three people died before the driver shot himself dead.
The ministry offered the Kingdoms condolences and deep sympathy to the families of the victims and to the government and people of Germany, wishing a speedy recovery to those injured.
Images on social media showed smashed and upturned tables and chairs strewn across the pavement outside an eatery in the center of the picturesque medieval city.
At least 20 people were injured, six of them seriously, according to police, while media reports said the driver had been behind the wheel of a delivery van.
“The perpetrator drove into several cafe and restaurant terraces in a major square in the center of Muenster,” police said.
German authorities focused Sunday on mental health problems of the driver.
“There are strong indications at the moment that this was a lone perpetrator and that there were no links to the terror scene,” federal Interior Minister Horst Seehofer told reporters.