Brace yourselves, Londoners.
For as well as a 24-hour Tube strike getting underway tomorrow, a whole host of road closures will be cropping up across central London from tomorrow.
From Friday 13 April to Saturday 21 April there will be road closures and bus diversions in and around central London due to the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting – a biennial summit meeting of leaders of the Commonwealth nations.
Parts of the road network will have lane suspensions, pedestrian barriers and road closures, and there will be some closures before and after events for building and removal of infrastructure, according to Transport for London (TfL).
While TfL said road closure information is subject to change and to check back to its status page for updates, here's a roundup of everything that has been announced so far.
Pall Mall area
- Thursday 12 April from 23:59 to 05:00 on Friday 13 April
- Friday 13 April from 21:00 until 07:00 Saturday 14 April
- Friday 20 April from 21:00 until 02:00 Saturday 21 April
Park Lane area
Southbound lane restrictions on Park Lane
- Friday 13 April from 21:00 until 06:00 Saturday 14 April (possibility of full southbound closure)
- Saturday 14 April southbound closure from 21:00 until 07:00 Sunday 15 April
- Saturday 21 April from 19:00 until 23:59 Sunday 22 April (possibility of full southbound closure)
- Sunday 22 April southbound closure from 00:01 until 07:00
Eastbound slip from Hyde Park Corner
- Saturday 14 April from 21:00 until 07:00 Sunday 15 April (closure will remain in place until 07:00 on Monday 23 April)
Royal Parks and Park Lane Area
The following will be affected from 07:00 on Sunday 15 April until Friday 20 April between 06:00 and 22:00:
- All roads within St James's Park
- Northumberland Avenue – closed 15:00-17:00 on Wednesday 18 April
The following will be partially closed from 06:00 Saturday 14 April until 06:00 Sunday 22 April:
- Pall Mall, westbound from the Regent Street junction to Marlborough Road
- St James's Street southbound from Piccadilly to junction with Pall Mall on 19 April from 10:00 to 17.30
- Park Lane Southbound – lanes closure until 21:00 Saturday 21 April
- Hyde Park Corner – lane closures and several traffic holds
- Piccadilly Slip Road – closed
- Great George Street at Parliament Square
- Northumberland Avenue – closed 15:30-17:30 on Wednesday 18 April
Closures in St James's Park and Green Park will also remain in place until the Virgin Money London Marathon on Sunday 22 April – and travel for that is expected to be disrupted by a bumper DLR strike. More on that here.
City of London
Monday 16 April from 07:00-18:00, Tuesday 17 April from 15:00-23:30 and Wednesday 18 April from 07:00 to 18:00
- Gresham Street and approaches
Wednesday 18 April from 15:00 to 23.00
- Fenchurch Street
There will be parking suspensions and security measures in place on Saturday 21 April. Road closures will also be in place on Kensington Gore on Thursday 19 April from 23:59 until 05:00 on Friday 20 April and on Saturday 21 April from 14:00 until 01:00 on Monday 23 April.
There will be changes to some bus routes from 9pm on Saturday 14 April to 7am Sunday 22 April, including diversions and early terminations on the following routes:
2, 6, 9, 10, 13, 15, 16, 36, 40, 52, 70, 74, 137, 148, 360, 390, 414, 452, N2, N9, N16, N74 and N137
Tube and rail impact
Green Park may be busier than usual as security arrangements for the event will affect operational plans at the station.